top of page

Am I Covered? "I sent my lens to the manufacturer for service and it was damaged in shipping.&q

There is no exclusion under a Business Owners Policy (BOP) or an Inland Marine for this scenario. However, with the BOP, the shipment would need to be within the coverage territory (U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada)…not an overseas shipment. Also, in some BOP's there maybe language excluding property in the custody of the United States Postal Service. It is recommended that a private shipper like Fedex or UPS is used.

Both BOP and Inland Marine will pay for a repair. If it is damaged beyond repair, the BOP will provide Replacement Cost Value (RCV) coverage the Inland Marine will provide Actual Cash Value (ACV).

Lastly, the lens must belong to the named insured. In other words, if it’s something ordered, but had not yet purchased or become obligated to purchase, it is not “the insured's property”.

These statements are advisory and broad in nature. They are not a guarantee of coverage. See your specific policy for coverage, limitations, and exclusions. For a customized proposal please provide us with a little information about your business here Request A Quote

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page