Photographer Injured. Is She Covered?

May 1, 2019

I just received this email:


"Hello Howard, I have injured myself and cannot work for 4-6 weeks. This has required me to return deposits and turn away work. I am curious if my business insurance could potentially help with this? Thank you for your expertise! Thank you,  M M"


Here is the answer.


"First, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you recover well and quickly. Business Owners Polices (BOP) have property coverage like theft or breakage of equipment, and liability coverage. Liability mean injury, property damage, or financial damage to a 3rd party. These liability coverage's include General & Professional (errors & omissions). I always say, "you can't be liable to yourself." A BOP does NOT have coverage to protect injury to yourself and/or your employee's. For this, you need Workers Compensation (covered when the injury occurs on the job) and/or Accident/Disability (covered when the injury occurs ON or OFF the job). We offer these coverage's and actively promote education about this BOP gaps in coverage. Workers Comp and Accident/Disability in for is here." INFO HERE


Please allow us to help you properly cover the risk exposures you face.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

ProPhoto New York City Oct 20-22 2016

October 20, 2016

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
  • YouTube
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon

© 2020, Inc. In California "Howard Burkholz Insurance Agency" #0K23532. Professional Photography Photographers insurance is available in

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. Representing Allstate, Hartford, CNA, Liberty Mutual, USLI, Travelers, Scotsdale, and more. Photographers drone insurance offered through RLI. For more information